CEIAG and Gatsby Benchmarks
Careers advice and guidance is important in Shoeburyness High School. We fully support all students with a robust process to allow them to plan their futures. With support from a Careers Leader and independent Careers Adviser we are able to offer a range of fully funded careers programmes, workshops and mock interviews. Our curriculum also fully supports careers with individual departments offering action packed lessons based on career choices. In addition to this, during period one, we have a full programme of learning activities, linked to future aspirations, for each year group.
Good quality careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) has never been more important. Recent studies highlight that careers talks and employer engagement allows students to achieve career goals and motivate them to work harder to reach their full potential.
We are committed to providing the very best in careers education and using the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance we measure our strengths and areas for development.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
All Shoeburyness students will:
- Gain a thorough insight into the world of work.
- Be fully prepared to overcome challenges faced in the world of work.
- Understand the labour market and the key employees in the local area.
- Learn how to improve career prospects with individualised mock interviews and CV writing guidance.
- Take part in various work related activities both inside and outside of school (Work experience).
- Have a one to one meeting at least once with the independent Careers Advisor.
We welcome feedback and meetings with parents and students at open evenings and options evenings to offer advice and guidance for future career choices.
Mrs Sarah Walls. Career Leader firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Steve Cooper. Career Advisor email@example.com
Meeting our Statutory Requirements
UCAS PROGRESS Search and apply for Sixth Form and College courses
UCAS Research all available University courses in the UK
START Careers informations and research
NATIONAL CAREERS SERVICE Advice on choosing or changing career
APPLY TO UNI University application advice for parents
RATE MY APPRENTICESHIP Search for apprenticeships
CAREERS MENU Plan your future
SUCCESS AT SCHOOL 16+ Apprenticeships advice
WHAT'S YOUR THING? The Essex Careers Guide For Young People
DIRECTIONS Impartial careers guidance
ALTERNATIVES TO UNIVERSITY The Guide to School Leaver Programmes and Apprenticeships for Students, Parents & Teachers
BRIGHT NETWORK Connecting 190,000+ bright minds with 300+ leading employers
Bringing together careers information and opportunities from creative organisations
GET MY FIRST JOB Your first steps into the world of work