What Will I Learn?
On entering Shoeburyness High School students are placed into one of four pathways:
- M* (Selective Pathway)
- Achievement/Achievement Plus
The choice of pathway is determined by the 11+ examination for the M* Selective Pathway, KS2 Reading and Maths performance and other information from primary schools for all other pathways.
The pathway chosen for your child will meet their learning needs, styles and abilities. Additionally, pupils are set within their pathway.
Each pupil’s progress is regularly measured and reviewed by moderated assessment tests and the results of these can inform set and pathway changes.
YEAR 7, 8 & 9
In Years 7, 8 and 9 the majority of students follow a full, broad and challenging curriculum that includes:
- An inspirational, ethos based Period 1 curriculum:
Year 7 – Be The Best You Can Be
Year 8 – Gradu8
Year 9 – I Can ….
To inspire and motivate students to reach their full potential.
- English Language and Literature
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- French and Spanish (students can specialise in one in Year 9)
- Design & Technology (food, graphics, resistant materials, systems and control and textiles)
- Art, Music and Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- SCOPE (PSHE)
YEAR 10 & 11
Students begin their KS4 curriculum in Year 10 which, at its core, includes the following:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Double Award Science or Triple Science
- History or Geography or French or Spanish
- Core PE
- RESHAPE (PSHE)
Students will also study three subjects from a choice of twenty one courses.