Scope and Reshape
At KS3 Social Curriculum Opportunities for Personal Education (SCOPE) provides students with the knowledge and understanding essential for the development of confident, healthy and well balanced individuals.
During KS3 pupils will complete a Citizenship project whereby they will explore issues within the local community at year 7, progressing to issues within the UK including British values in year 8.
At KS4, students study RESHAPE (Religious, Economic, Social, Health and Personal Education). This programme continues to equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to deal with the range of issues they face as they grow up.
Both KS3 and KS4 students will receive one lesson per fortnight covering a range of issues related to their health and well-being and following the statutory guidelines which have recently been introduced by the government. The ares included are:
• Drugs and alcohol education
• Emotional health and well-being including mental health issues
• Sexual health and relationships education
• Nutrition and physical activity
• Personal finance and economic awareness/well-being
• Personal safety including keeping safe online
• Careers education and transferable skills
• Work related learning
Social Science Head of Faculty