- The school reception is open from 8.00am until 4.30pm
- 01702 292286
- [email protected]
Healthy Schools Award
The significance of this award and what it means to you as a parent and the education of your child
We are delighted to announce that Shoeburyness High School has successfully been granted ‘Healthy School Status’.
What is it?
Healthy Schools is a joint national programme run through the Department of Health and the Department for Children and ensures that schools and family projects are run to improve pupils health, raise pupils achievement, improve social inclusion and encourage closer working between health and education providers within the United Kingdom.
What does this mean and how will this benefit your child?
This year we have set up a Voluntary Healthy School Committee, which is run by several teachers, members of SLT and School Governors. This team have committed and dedicated their time to continuously improve and build upon the schools foundations of making the school a ‘healthier’ place to be. This includes:
- Our behavioural system that has been put in place to discipline/praise pupils
- Our school polices and giving parents and pupils opportunities to contribute towards these
- Whole school approach to teaching and learning of Social, Moral, Spiritual Cultural understanding.
- Provide personal, social, health and economic education
- Activities and giving our students extra-curricular opportunities
- Giving our pupils the opportunity to understand the importance of healthy eating
- Assessing and giving regular feedback on pupil progress
- Providing better quality of food and an environment in which can be made enjoyable.
- Giving our pupils a voice by having a pupil council and help contribute towards making the school healthier place to be
- Celebrating the success of our pupils
But we don’t want to stop there…
We are currently seeking ‘Enhanced Healthy Schools Status’ managed through our Drugs Awareness Programmme
Members of the Healthy School Committee
Mrs Amy Root – SLT
Mr Steve Tollworthy – School Governor
Mrs Sian Bailey – Teacher
Miss Annabel Moody - Teacher
If you would like more information about the Healthy School or Drug Awareness Criteria please see the attachments below.